Mother's Day Gift

Hey, everyone! Yes, I know it is late, but I have a LOT going on right now-mother of three, four if you include my hubby sometimes. ;) Anyway, I made something special for my Mommy this Mother's Day. She works in a legal office and has TONS of desk space! (I am a little jealous...) Also, my mom LOVES flowers but they are, unfortunately, out of my budget. :( So I made some flowers and a vase. The best part is - the flowers will never die!!! And, if worse comes to worse and she hates them...it makes a great paper weight. LOL (I already gave it to her and she loves it - phew!)

The inspiration actually came from a post over on one of my FAVE blogs. Arin at A Piece of Life's Pie, ( CHECK HER OUT!), inspired me with this post. I have been dying to try the paper strip flowers and figured this was my chance. I LOVE them! I am actually impressed by how this turned out. (Go me!! :D)

Materials:

Paper - atd Family Ties specialty collection paper stack (bought at Walmart)
Brads and Ribbons - Close to My Heart
Stems - wooden skewers (found in the cooking section of any store)
Glass Gems - (home decor aisle in Walmart)
Jar - (the spaghetti sauce was very yummy!!)

Golden Cord - (from Christmas wrapping stash)

Tag - (from my stash)

Note: I used Close to My Heart's Staz-On ink remover to remove the best before date that was printed on the jar. (I still can't believe I thought of that!!)

 



















For the card, I tried something a little different. I made a purse! It combines the card and the envelope together too which was a bonus. The pad of paper I used had different types of the same papers. It had some extra thick, textured card stock of each pattern, (which I used on the jar), and then a thinner foil/ sparkly version of the same patterns, (which I used on the envelope). I love how they coordinate but are completely different in both look and texture. After making the card and folding the 'envelope', I attached the back of the card to the middle of the 'envelope' with glue dots. I think it's very cute!

Materials:

(Envelope)
Paper - atd Family Ties specialty collection paper stack (bought at Walmart)
Ribbon and Pearls - Close to My Heart


(Card)
Paper - (from my stash)
Flowers - cut at 1 inch from the Close to My Heart: Art Philosophy cartridge (page 70, Font + Shift)
Card - cut at 6 inches from the Close to My Heart: Art Philosophy cartridge (page 69, Card)
Clear gems - Close to My Heart
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Victoria
EK Success edger punch - Pointed Flower
Golden Cord - (from Christmas wrapping stash)











 The result is an elegant, classical gift that I am proud of. :) I hope you enjoyed it! Take care!!

Comments

  1. Hi there!Thanks for the shout out! You are soo sweet! You did a great job on those flowers. They are a bit tricky and even though I watched a toutorial on them, I it was more of a labor of love than I thought it was. I love the clear stones you used and your card is just darling. I love the rossets! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very happy with how it turned out. When I first saw the flowers on your post, I was like "Now THAT is a good idea!" and I had to try them! I actually made more for my sister's desk at her new job. I have been out of town for a week and unable to craft so I haven't quite finished it but I will post when I am done. You are truly an inspiration to me. :) Take care!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

Create Kindness Kit

It's Here!!!

May at Close to my Heart AND It's National Scrapbooking Month!