Yummy Fiesta Alfredo!

Hello, everyone!! How are all of you doing today? I am doing absolutely FANTABULOUS!!! It feels so good to be back into the normal swing of things again! How I missed by blog, my friends, and my crafting! I also missed everything else-laundry, cooking, even diaper changes! It's funny how much you learn to appreciate when you are unable to do any of it. I am sure I will get over it soon, but for now I have a delicious post for you. After 6 weeks of being completely useless, I was able to make my family supper again!!! I love to cook and experiment, to some degree, with my cooking. One thing I dreamed up when I was in the hospital was a delicious Mexican/Italian combination. I LOVE Italian food and once in a while I like to have some Mexican. I had a craving for both so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. When I was in the hospital, people from our church brought my hubby and kidlets tons of food. We got a LOT of chicken! LoL So I was thinking of two main recipes to have with chicken-Fajitas and Fettuccine Alfredo. Why not mix them?? The end result was DELICIOUS and a huge hit at my table. I hope you all enjoy this post and I would love to hear your takes on this recipe and I am curious to see how many others will try it. :)

Recipe:
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (any type of chicken will do)
1 each of red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, and green pepper
1 onion
2 cups of sliced mushrooms (I couldn't add them because my husband is extremely picky!) 
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of Fajita spice
1 can of Cambell's Cream of Chicken soup
1 jar of alfredo sauce (any brand)
1 package of Fettuccine noodles


Brown chicken in skillet with vegetables. When chicken is browned, add Fajita spice package and about 1/2 cup of water.


Add soup and alfredo sauce. Bring to a slow boil. Add cheese and melt into the sauce. Serve a top noodles and enjoy!

 For a thinner sauce, you can add 1/2 cup of milk.





The biggest test-my picky eater!
(He LOVED it!)

Comments

  1. That looks deslish! May I pin this recipe! I am adding this to my list of recipes I MUST TRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL Of course! Please do pin it-I am flattered! Let me know what you think of it. :) It was such a hit that I am going to have to make it again soon. I am thinking about using some brown rice instead of noodles next time. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL Of course! Please do pin it-I am flattered! Let me know what you think of it. :) It was such a hit that I am going to have to make it again soon. I am thinking about using some brown rice instead of noodles next time. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think brown rice would rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

Create Kindness Kit

It's Here!!!

May at Close to my Heart AND It's National Scrapbooking Month!