Birthday Butterflies

Hey, my peeps! Guess what! I have another post for you!! August is the birthday month for both my sisters-one on the 6th, the other on the 30th. So I have been making their cards/gifts. Because of my hands, I am way behind. But I did get my one sis' card done. She LOVES the color orange-obssessed is not even strong enough to describe her addiction-so I always use orange for her b-day cards. This year I did something different and combined the orange with pink. It is quite possibly the best card I have ever done. So there.

For this card I tried the card feature of the Art Philosophy cartridge for the first time. I cut the card at 5 inches on some gorgeous, double-sided paper. This worked out well for me as I was able to use the butterfly cut outs as embellishments on the front of the card. Then, using packing tape, I glittered the negative image on the card base itself and added some Liquid Glass to get a 3D effect. It worked perfectly! The positives of the butterflies added the perfect touch, I think. I love the whole 3D effect the card has. I used some sticjles and Liquid Glass to add some more texture to the cardstock and really help the beautiful pattern to pop! I can't wait to try out more of the cards on the cartridge. I hope you enjoy! Take care! :)




Comments

  1. very cool card there ! I llove the shimmer effect! Your sister shares a birthday with the hubs on the 6th!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

Create Kindness Kit

It's Here!!!

May at Close to my Heart AND It's National Scrapbooking Month!