Then There Were Two!

Good evening, everybody! How are you! I hope you have had a great weekend and are all geared up for Halloween. :) Sadly, we caught the flu in our house several weeks ago and it took a very long time to leave! So, we never got around to decorating our house this year. However, my husband and our 4, -almost 5!- year old son started carving the pumpkins today. They are huge!!! So huge, in fact, that it has turned into a 2 day job just to carve them. Today they cleaned the pumpkins out and tomorrow they will finish carving them.  Our daughter and absolutely no interest in helping, (I don't blame her). Our youngest, Embry, was content to watch so long as nobody came near him with the pumpkin innards, (again, I don't blame him). Here's some pics just for fun!
Our sweet 3 year old  Ella
modeling the pumpkins for
the camera.

HUGE! Almost half as tall as Ella!


Our 1, almost 2!, year old Embry driving his cars on one of
the pumpkins. 

Daddy being silly. ^.^

Joey up to his elbows armpits in
pumpkin!

My guys love doing the dirty work. 



A BIG handful!
Making sure there is nothing left inside.

Now, down to some cleaner craftiness. I don't mind watching the pumpkin carving but I have no interest in being a part of it. I am just the camera! MY work is less messy...well more often than not anyway. 

I have really been getting back into layout designing and put these two adorable single-page layouts together with the help of my Gypsy and my Expression. The first layout was done using the Disney/Pixar Cars, Cricut Craft Room Basics, CTMH Art Philosophy, Cuttin' Up, and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges. The background is just some yellow cardstock I had. All the black paper I used is Shimmer cardstock from Creative Memories. I LOVE this stuff! (There are other colors to choose from as well.) The colored paper on Lightning McQueen and the signs is actually foil paper by Recollections-also one of my all time faves!!! All the other red paper is a shiny red Christmas paper I actually purchased at a Dollorama 5 years ago. The black photo matte is 4.25 in x 6.25 in, the signs are 1.5 inches, the journal sign and McQueen are both cut at  4 inches.





The second was done with the Create A Critter, Plantin Schoolbook, and Cuttin' Up cartridges. All paper is just plain cardstock from my stash, with the exception of the words 'just out' which are black Glimmer cardstock from Creative Memories. The monkey was cut at 4.5 inches. The vines were eyeballed to fill the page. The long vine was cut at 2 in x 11 in. The hanging vines were welded together on my Gypsy, their height was 5.60 inches. The foliage is a bunch of leaves from the Create A Critter cartridge and they were all cut at 2.5 inches. The grass is from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and was cut to be 2.5 in x 11.75 in. The title is a combination of three words and two fonts all cut at 1.75 inches from the Cuttin Up cart. The photo mattes are all cut to 3.25 x 2.25 inches. I highlighted the vines, foliage, and banana with a black Bic marker. 





I enjoyed making them and they went together pretty fast! I put the two of them together in about an hour, the majority of the time was spent on layering the images. I can't wait to add some more layouts to my scrapbooks! I hope y'all enjoyed your time with me today! Take care!

Comments

  1. we are doing our pumpkins on Wed.. I have to say I LOVE THE Squishy mess! OUTSIDE of course. You kids are cute and your layouts are darling! Glad you are getting some crafty time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

Bookm-ARGH! Card