Festive Friday at My Cricut Craft Room


Hey, everyone! Today is my first post as a member of the My Cricut Craft Room Design Team!! Today is Festive Friday and the theme is 'Past Halloween Items'. Last Halloween, I was just starting to learn how to put my Cricut Expression to good use and I didn't have many cartridges. My hubby had also just bought me my Gypsy and I was having fun playing around with both machines. I came up with a really cute idea that can be one of two things: a treat box or an LED tealight candle holder!

First I cut out two Jack o' Lanterns at 3 inches. Using my Gypsy, I cut two more without the face features.That way I can layer them without the yellow showing through the face features. (You could also use the shadow feature, but I wanted my pumpkins to mimic carved pumpkins.) 

Flip one of the pumpkins to have them match when the box
is completely.

Then, using the Cricut Craft Room Basics cartridge, I created the box piece for my treat box wielding together a bunch of rectangles.

This shows the different triangles I used to piece my box together.
This is what it looks like welded together for me to cut.



After cutting out my pieces, I scored the box piece. It looked like this.

This is what it will look like after it is folded.


Add glue or double sided tape to each of the tabs.



A better look! ^.^


Next I started putting the box together.



What it will look like inside once it is put together.




I used a yellow Bic marker to add highlights.


Add a handle and please all trick or treaters!

Instead of a handle, add an LED tealight for some
spooky fun!

Voila! Yummy!



Thanks for stopping by! To see more projects like this, visit http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com today!

Comments

  1. So sorry this adorable project did not make it on the DT blog. How cute your little pumpkin are ... I love the idea of the battery operated candle in it! Great job and welcome to the team and congrats on your first project!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

Create Kindness Kit

It's Here!!!

May at Close to my Heart AND It's National Scrapbooking Month!