Good morning, everyone! How is everyone's week going? I hope you are finding as many blessing this week as I am. :) Today is Creative Card Tuesday at My Cricut Craftroom and I have some cute cards from the new Artiste cartridge to show you.



Today's theme is Pop-Up Cards which is new for me. (Confession: I have never made a pop-up card!) I decided to challenge myself and try out one of the pop-up cards on the Artiste cartridge. What did I think?  One word-EASY! I really enjoyed putting these together. They took minutes!


I cut out two cards from pg. 51 of the Artist manual, one at 4 inches and the other at 5 inches. These are the pop-up inserts as they cut out.


Following the guide marks, I scored the inserts and folded them This is how they should look before you glue them into your cards.


I also cut the card bases themselves, again at 4 inches and 5 inches, but for some reason I have no pictures of them. The beauty of this image is that you can make your own card base for the insert. 


I kept the front of the cards very simple. I wanted the WOW factor to be on the inside of the cards. The card bases were cut out of red cardstock while the inserts and front mattes were vanilla colored cardstock. The mattes I cut myself and made them to be 1/4 of an inch smaller than the card itself.




First, I cut out this image, also on pg. 51, in both brown and red cardstock. I cut several of each at different sizes, 1 inch, 1.25 inches, and 1.5 inches. In the above photo, you see how the image cuts out. Generally the thinner, hollow heart piece is thrown away or used for another project. I used all the pieces for my cards. ^.^



I took two of the skinny hearts of the same size but different colors and cut a slit in one of the hearts. This way I can make the hearts look as if they are one piece together. 


After cutting the slit, I wrapped the red heart so that the slit was underneath the top brown heart. This helped to hide the cut and make the embellishment look finished.

For the 5 inch card on the left, I put the whole heart image together as it is supposed to be and added a sparkly font stick for the "I". The "YOU" was cut at 1 inch from the Cricut Cakes Elegant Cakes cartridge. The words "I" and "YOU" on the 4 inch card on the right were from an old stamp set. I also used a fine tip red marker to add stitching and detail to the word "LOVE" on both cards.



To finish my project, I cut the envelopes from pg.51. I cut one at 4 inches and the other at 5 inches. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week! Take care!



Comments

  1. Hey Lisa!! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Just head over to my blog, It's What Keeps Me Sane, for your award!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

I'm Finally Back!!! Well...almost.