Happy Monday!

Gooooooood morning! How are y'all this fine, cold, snowy Monday? "How on earth can you have so much enthusiasm on a Monday?!?" you ask. Well, I am actually writing this Sunday night so I am pretty peppy. Honestly though, I do enjoy Mondays now that my eldest is in school. I love his enthusiasm and excitement in the morning. Believe me when I say it is better than coffee! (Especially since I don't drink coffee due to my religious beliefs.) But I did drink coffee when I was younger and my son's energy is definitely a better 'wake me up'. ^.^ 'Nuff chattin'! Let's get to what you came for! (First, how bout a cute pic just to make you smile? My kids are the cutest in the world!)

My 1yr old's 1st ice cream cone.
He just turned 2 now. *sniffle*

This was my first go at a gate fold card. It turned out WAY better than I ever imagined it. I think it has a fantasy feel to it. :) The paper both regular cardstock and part of a textured pack I bought at a toony store here in my small town. (A toony is our Canadian 2 dollar coin.) Purple is one of my favorite colors because it is both powerful yet suttle, bold yet soft - the best of all worlds when it come to coloring, in my opinion anyway. The tone on tone effect worked very well with this card. I stamped a background with a stamp from the Baroque Borders stamp set from Close to my Heart. I used a purple dye based ink. The flowers are from Martha Stewarts Starburst (I think) punch. The butterflies are cut from the Cake Basics cartridge, (that I borrowed from my hubby's collection), and they were cut at 2 inches, 1.5 inches, and 1 inch. The light purple butterfly on the ribbon was from another Martha Stewart punch. The fastener I created from some Close to My Heart's white twine, which I inked with the same ink that I used to stamp the border, and a silver bead that I glued a clear gem into. The ribbon is some wired ribbon I bought at my local Walmart and took the wire out of. I then used glue dots to hold the pleats down.






I glued a crystal gem into the middle of a bead and voila!
Flower.

I stuck two clear gems together back to back with a
glue dot to created a weight at the bottom of my twine.





I had a hard time trying to find a sentiment for the inside of the card, so instead I made some tags that I could attach photos to and send to a family member. I LOVE it! I am so impressed with myself! The only problem is.....it sets the bar higher than I would like for my next project. ^.^ 

Well thank y'all for stoppin' by! I hope you have a GREAT Monday and an even better week. Take care!

Comments

  1. great job... an I have not forgotten about you... in the mail after the holidays... I don't want to risk any more lost stuff Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

Bookm-ARGH! Card